Monday, January 07, 2008

Not very often do I get a decent, hearty chuckle out of a near-disaster story online. Upon returning from one of my classes this afternoon, I decided to check out the top stories on www.cleveland.com and I came upon an absolute gem...

Crack found in Davis-Besse pipe
Posted by John Funk January 07, 2008 14:37PM

I will not lie to you... it seems harmless enough when you consider that Davis-Besse is a nuclear reactor in the Greater Cleveland area (east of downtown near Perry.) However, at a quick glance, it is an amazing headline. Here is the link to the rest of the story if you actually do care about serious potential environmental disasters: http://blog.cleveland.com/plaindealer/2008/01/crack_found_in_davisbesse_pipe.html . I guess we can only hope for the best.

Next topic: Ohio State Buckeyes follow BGSU performance to round out a poor bowl season for teams I like (And the Cleveland Browns are on vacation already.) I'm calling it an evening around 10:45 p.m. with the Buckeyes down 31-10 in the 3rd quarter. Is it MLB spring training yet?

Good night all.... Don't forget to encourage some good-spirited, partisan bickering tomorrow on behalf of the New Hampshire primary!

No comments: