Wednesday, November 23, 2005

November 23- Well it has definitely been a few days since I sat down at the computer and relaxed. My trip to Columbus to interview definitely paid off, and I have been on the go ever since! After only a short vacation following the November 8th General Election in Virginia, I accepted an invitation to join Congressman Ted Strickland's campaign for the Ohio governor's office. The senior staff and field team are very nice and have been extremely helpful to me since I joined the campaign. I have been placed in NE Ohio so I will have the chance to coordinate with a lot of great friends and contacts from the 2004 cycle yet again. You can clearly sense a very real level of enthusiasm, energy, and committment when you talk to potential volunteers, community activists, and regional contacts. 2006 is going to be a really great experience here in Ohio, and I am very fortunate to be working for such a dedicated and respected individual as Ted Strickland. I believe his message is very positive and his vision is clear for the future of Ohio working families.

Since field staff generally do not blog once the campaign gets under way, this will probably be my last post for a long while. I hope to run into you all along the campaign trail, and hope that you all participate in the May primary and November general election in 2006. We can make a difference in the way that our state operates on a daily basis--we just have to be ready to trust in solid leadership, and invest in programs and policies that help our Ohio working families in their daily lives.

Goodnight and God Bless.
Have a very Happy Thanksgiving, and I'll talk to you soon.

No comments: